Friday, March 02, 2012

Walking on the wild side: Leopard Print

Lets be real, we all have an item (or items in my case) in our closet we do not have a clue why we bought it (them).  In my case I have a boxful of cringe-worthy items from my constant retail therapy trips (picture me cruising down the sales aisles at my local high-street shops cooing at pieces I know I don't need but reeling at how much they've been marked down).  After months of deliberation, I've decided to do something about these items. I've decided to find a way to wear these outfits.  To kick off this resolve, I picked a leopard print dress from Zara I'd bought last year and decided to wear it as a top since I didn't like the length.  Below is a picture of me wearing the dress a day after my birthday last year.


Check out the length of the dress! leaves a little to the imagination right? Anyway, that was the last time I wore the dress till last weekend. Since I was wearing it to church, I picked a grey pencil skirt for modesty and my sensible trusty mid heels.  The reason why I decided to wear a skirt below the knee was because I wanted only the leopard print to do the talking. Below is a picture of me trying to look fierce. LOL.




To accessorize,  I picked this lovely necklace from Forever 21. I'm not a fan of '21 but I think they stock really, really nice accessories (and maybe skinnies). I love the hot pink colour of the necklace and thought it would go nicely with the top (dress).  It was a risk but I think it kinda worked!


Overall, I think the ensemble came together well.


BTW, I didn't cut the dress to make it a top, I just wore my skirt over it! In the picture below, you can see the hem of the dress peeking out from the skirt slit.  I think it gave the outfit a little ooomph! So I still have a short leopard print dress that I can wear when I'm feeling brave! Talk about getting more bang for your buck!



Can't wait to give another piece of clothing a new lease of life! Do you have pictures of pieces you 'resurrected'? send them to me (ijawgal@yahoo.com) follow me on twitter on bexlearns2dress (Am new to twitter ooo)



xxx


Dress: Zara

Skirt: Zara

Necklace: Forever 21

Bag: Gucci

Shoes: Aldo

Watch: Moschino

Sunglasses:  DKNY

2 comments:

  1. I want your sandals with the zara dress/ top. Can I have it plssssssss? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here