Thursday, August 01, 2013

Monochrome Files: Molly's Day Out



So now everyone is going black and white and yours truly decided to do a post on this classic, timeless trend. The term monochrome is usually taken to mean the same as black and white or greyscale, but may also be used to refer to other combinations containing only tones of a single colour.  I thought of wearing an all red outfit once but perished the thought when I pictured myself looking like a juju priestess.  I've seen people pull off all reds but i don't think I have the heart to do same.  



According to stylingyou.com.au, there are 5 reasons why we all should embrace monochrome

1. This is a classic look. It’s timeless, so even if the fashion gods are not dictating that it’s a style for the season, you can wear it anyway. Which means you probably already have pieces that fit the trend and, therefore, plenty of opportunities to “shop” this one from your wardrobe.
2. It ALWAYS looks smart. No matter what the occasion or time of day, whip out a black and white ensemble and you’re good to go.
3. You can work this look on a budget because the combination is inherently stylish. Still aim for pieces that are made well and in fabrics that will wear well over time (remembering this trend will always come around again).
4. The monochrome look lends itself very easily to a splash of colour with accessories.

5. Cos it looks good gaddamit!!!!





I decided to wear a black and white colourblock bodycon midi dress I'd been too chicken-hearted to wear (the word bodycon makes me break out in cold sweat, lets face it, bodycon doesn't forgive lumps and bumps. Thank God for spanx). 


Striped Blazer


I fished out Molly from on end of my closet (yes my striped blazer is called Molly, matter of fact I did a post about her last year), wore her over the dress and cinched in my waist with a red belt (for that dash of colour). 




 I decided at the last minute to wear the belt over the blazer instead of the dress.  I was feeling a bit jolly that morning so I pinned a red corsage on my blazer lapel.







I decided to go monochrome down to my shoes so I wore a zebra striped shoes and carried a black bag (not pictured)









Well what are you waiting for? Get on the monochrome bandwagon if you haven't!!

Bex
xxx


Fashion Credit

Dress:  Next

Blazer:  Jasper Conran

Shoes:  Atmosphere

5 comments:

  1. LURVES IT!!!

    I really like the dress.

    Lol @ juju priestess!

    PS - I see you put your security/gateman hard at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this look. So cute. Fab jacket and dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it all blends and how you can easily take off the jacket and the dress, belt and shoes would still work beautifully.

    www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Berry, I'm getting my money's worth, opening and closing the gate isn't enough jor

    @ Chineze thanks darie

    @ Stylefash, thanks sweeeerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was ur gateman! U look nice! I like how the dress looks on u- U have a gorgeous shape! x

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here