Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bowler Hat and Cobalt Jeans


Hats are a good way to accessorize and give character to an outfit.   I've always loved hats and own a few. I went through the Kangol and fisherman hat phase with blinking (don't judge me! Thankfully I don't have pictures of me rocking them. In my defense, they seemed so cool then and everyone was wearing them). Nowadays you can catch me wearing fedoras, trilbys or a bowler hat. I suppose in a couple of years I'll look at these pictures and cringe but for now.....

Anyway, I was having a lazy afternoon a couple of days ago and instead of sitting at home watching Ancient Aliens of the History channel (very riveting programme I kid you not and yes I believe in aliens, UFOs and that there are flying saucer hidden in Area 51!), I decided to go visit friends. I didn't feel like wearing anything fancy so I wore my cobalt blue skinny jeans and a star print purple top (so last year I know but who cares).  The colour contrast between both items is lovely. These days with the whole colour clashing trend thing you never know what you'll get when you mix two seemingly different colours together.


I accessorized with a black bowler hat, a necklace with gold leaves and feather, a stack of bangles and a cute pair of ballerina shoes with a cute bow. I love wearing my bowler hat with loads of outfits. I don't know if it's because I'm Ijaw. Its not breaking news that we south south folks love our hats! 



Colour pop jeans seem to be everywhere, the thought of wearing a pastel coloured jeans or horror of horrors a pair of yellow or pink jeans scares the sh*t out of me (I can just imagine how lumpy my bum would look, seriously light coloured jeans should be left to chicks with pert behinds. Another thing, emm fashionistas have no business wearing leggings as trousers. I've seen babes wearing very short tops with leggings and some even tuck their tops into leggings and displaying huge camel toes. Maybe it's just me but it looks sooo wrong)


Not one to be shy of following a (sensible) trend, I decided to get my colour pop on by buying these cobalt blue skinnies.




Below is a picture of me on holiday wearing my trilby hat. I got it on sale from Tie Rack for a fiver and love it to death!
 
 

 Wearing the trilby again (talk about getting bang for your buck!)





Thanks for the comments and emails.  I appreciate the criticisms but the constructive ones are best! Please don't forget to follow this blog by clicking on 'JOIN THIS SITE' on the right hand side of this blog.


xxx
Bex

Fashion Credit

Main Picture:
Top:  Next
Skinny Jeans:  Oasis
Hat:  Next
Flats:  Zara

Holiday Picture:
Shirt:  Zara
Jeans:  Forever 21
Satchel:  Barratts
Hat:  Tie Rack
Sandals:  Zara

Last Picture:
Hat:  Tie Rack
T-Shirt:  Zara
Blazer:  Zara
Jeans: Forever 21


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your sense of style! Keep this up girl....

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here