Saturday, March 23, 2013

Utility Shirt and Maxi Skirt






I love utility shirts. I like the versatility they give, you can go serious and wear them tucked into a pencil skirt or sashay around town with them tucked into a pleated skirt with the sleeves rolled up. For a casual look, wear them untucked with your fave skinnies or leggings and a pair of flats (don't forget to roll up the sleeves to complete the casual look).


Woke up Friday morning and as usual I couldn't make up my mind what to wear.  I'd brought out this shirt days before to wear with a peach coloured ankle grazing trousers but wasn't sure the colours would go together,  I decided to make the shirt the focal point of my entire outfit and build everything else around it.  



I paired it with my trusty black pleated maxi skirt, black belt and wrapped my hair in a mini turban (bad hair weave day).


Tying the turban wasn't an easy feat I tell you, it kept coming undone and my hair just refused to stay under the scarf.  After a 15 minute battle, I won and with a flourish secured the front knot with a booby pin.



Love my colourful butterfly earrings, I'm drawn to butterflies for reasons I'm yet to fathom.














Love the look?  Think I should have added something or gone without another?  Well go ahead and drop a comment then!



Fashion Credit

Shirt:  Marks & Spencer

Skirt:  Next

Belt:  Forever 21

Slipper:  Burberry

Bag:  Zara

Scarf:  Versace

Earrings:  Claires

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving this look, very very chic!
    U look beautiful as always.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look the skirt is amazing xox

    New site here www.islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you shirt, i want the bag:)) gorgeous look

    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here